Friday, January 7, 2011

2010: Some Retrospective Lists

The beginning of a new year is often a time of reflection of the past year and thoughts of changes in the new year.  The beginning of our year was just survival mode.  Paul went to Passion on New Year's Day.  The girls and I tried to recover from staying up WAY too late on New Year's Eve!  Then we started the routines of school, dance practice, and piano lessons.  And I washed dishes by hand because our dishwasher is still broken!  All that to say that it's already January 7th and I'm just now thinking about 2010.

2010 had a lot of lasts for us:

*Last Daddy/Daughter Valentine banquet.  (It would have been the last even had we remained at that church; they'll be too old this year.) 

*Last time to watch my younger 3 girls sing at the children's musical at our old church.

*Last AWANA award ceremony.  

*Last time to go to camp with our old church.

*Last Sunday at our old church.

*Last time for me to teach high school girls there.

*Maybe our last swim lessons.

*Last time to have to make overseas calls to talk to my sister.  (I hope!)


It also had some firsts:


*First time to plant a church!


*First year of middle school for Hope!


*First time to see the Riverwalk in San Antonio at Christmas time!


*First time to host all of my family for Christmas!


*First time to go to Disney World!!! (Which will get a whole post of its own very soon.  Even though it happened way back in May and June.)


And, of course, many things remained the same:


*Dance practices


*Piano lessons


*Recitals


*Our crazy dog


*Our sweet cat


*Homeschooling


I'm kind of hoping that 2011 is a little more predictable than 2010.  Well, except for the awesome vacation part!  That was not something that was on my radar in January of 2010.  But I know I can trust God when things change or when they remain the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment