Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer ...


is by singing loud for all to hear! We only discovered Elf a couple of years ago, but it has become a Christmas tradition in our home. We love the silly antics of Buddy and the heartwarming story of lives changed by the joy of believing. 

This Advent, I want our home to be filled with joy, with singing, with the belief that Christmas is more than just the presents and the trappings. Not filled with stress and hurry and obligation.  Sometimes I look at blogs and magazines and wish I could have a home decorated like that or amazing family traditions like those. And I could probably do it if we suspended real life - no school, no ballet, no cleaning. But Jesus came to be Immanuel - God with us. God with us in the midst of school and ballet and even cleaning. Christmas cheer, like singing loud, happens while we live life, not only when we stop all other aspects of life. This year I want to have eyes to see God with me in the daily stuff of life. And, like Buddy the Elf, I want to be unashamed to express childlike joy and wonder at the beauty around me. (But, unlike Buddy, I plan on avoiding pre-chewed gum!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment