Monday, September 30, 2013

Grace in the Moment

 Scroll down to read Day One's post. 

 Day 2 - The Grace of Memorizing God's Word

Day 3 - A Little Drama  

Day 4 - Grace for the Dance 

Day 5 - Grace That Is Greater Than All My Feelings

Day 6 - Saturday Graces  

Day 7 -  Grace Unplugged

Day 8 - Unstuck

Day 9 - The Grace of Pace 

Day 10 - I No Longer Have an ALIAS

Day 11 - Some First World Graces

Day 12 - Learning Thankfulness 

Day 13 - Grace in the Garden 

Day 14 - You Never Give Up on Me  

Day 15 - Reading Is Fundamental

Day 16 - The Cat's Meow

Day 17 - Linky Graces

 Day 18 - Strength for the Weary

Day 19 - Why I Can Trust God When Things Look Scary

Day 20 - Another Post in Which I Find Deep Spiritual Truths Via Yard Work

Day 21 - Quality Time

Day 22 - A Fabulous Compliment  

Day 23 - Wednesday Graces

Day 24 - Graceful Ponderings  

Day 25 - A Purrfect Service Project

Day 26 - The Grace of Celebrations 

Day 27 - Pumpkin Carving

Day 28 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow  

Day 29 - A Quiet Grace 

Day 30  - Of Photographs and Perspective

Day 31! - The Art of Being Present 

Day 1 - They like me! They really like me!

He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things. ~ Rom. 8:32

This is one of my memory verses for Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team. I find it so easy to overlook the everyday graces God blesses me with each day. Sometimes those things just seem so small compared to the "big" graces - things like salvation, Heaven, the Bible. And sometimes I get so enmeshed with the activity of daily life that I miss the grace He gives me every day.  

This month I want to notice and recount the ways I see God's grace on a daily basis. I want to see the "all things" in Rom. 8:32. I don't want to forget how God is blessing me right now!

My grace in the moment today is the grace of having teen and preteen daughters who enjoy my company. This weekend I saw this in each of my girls. 

One teen liked having me hang out with her and her friend and watch a movie in her room while her sisters and their guests watched another movie. I love that she isn't embarrassed to hang out with Mom! 

My other teen shared a hurt she was experiencing. I treasure that she wants to tell me her troubles.  

 And on Sunday, Paul and I began teaching our preteens' Sunday School class. When we told them we would begin teaching their class, they were both so excited. I am so happy that they are proud that we are their teachers and tell us we are the best teachers ever.

I am so thankful for the great relationship I have with each of my daughters. I know that this isn't a given for any family, and I'm so glad God has graced me with this today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment