Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Reflections

Even though February is such a short month, I learned many things.

1. Rebecca's 4 1/2 month old kitten can (and did) go into heat! The poor thing was pitiful, meowing and rolling around. Fortunately, she never was very loud, and it only lasted three days! The vet wants us to wait a few weeks after the rabies shot she got this week before we spay her, so we will have that done as soon as we can.

2. Some things are worth missing the Super Bowl. Hannah had ballet intensive auditions several hours away on Superbowl Sunday. This is the school she most wants to attend, and she was accepted into the program.

3.  The Frozen Sing-Along was awesome! I loved the movie just as much the second time around. And since we've been listening to the CD in the car, we knew the songs really well.

4.  Our DMV will only conduct road tests for drivers' licenses by appointment. The downside of this is that getting hold of someone to make the appointment took an hour of calling. (I can't believe that I kept getting a busy signal. It felt like 1987!) The upside is that we didn't have to wait for hours for Hannah to take the test, which she passed.

5. I was not as nervous having a newly-licensed driver as I thought I would be.  (But I did use the Find Friends app to check on her when ballet ran late. That really gave me peace of mind.)

6.  We can survive a house full of boys! We hosted 9th and 10th grade boys for D-Now. They were good kids, and Paul really enjoyed having some guys around. But I was glad to have my girls home when the weekend was over. 

7.  I clean the house best when I have external motivation. The week before D-Now, I was more motivated to clean than normal, even though high school boys probably wouldn't notice or care. I guess that means we should have people over more often.

8.  Being fussed at for something I thought I was doing well is disheartening!  I had a terrible visit with a new doctor (who I don't think I'll be seeing again) this week.  She has some rather out-of-the-mainstream views that she is adamant about. I'm still processing this, but plan to post about it soon. The visit really opened my eyes to how non-Christians may feel when well-meaning Christians confront them.  

I'm looking forward to the things I'll learn in March. And to the warmer weather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment