Sunday, December 9, 2012

Joy to the World




The ornament in my photo is one my Granny made for us. Granny loved many people and things. Two of her favorite things were the Dallas Cowboys and Christmas. Even though she's with Jesus now, I remember her love of Christmas when we decorate the tree with the ornaments she gave us.  

When my sister and I were little girls, Granny began giving us an ornament each year before Christmas. She continued this even after I got married. Then, when my girls came along, she expanded the tradition to include each of them. We all have special ornaments from Granny. I also have some of the ornaments she used to decorate her own tree.

 Even though she had lived through some really hard times, Granny was one of the most joyful people I have known! This Christmas, and all year long, I want to share some of that joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment