Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Reading Is Fundamental



Day 15- Reading Is Fundamental

I love reading. I have as far back as I can remember. I was the kid who won the award for most books read in fifth grade and the one who got in trouble at school for reading a book while the teacher was talking. (In my defense, I already knew the information she was covering.)

I am so thankful my girls have inherited my love of reading. We make many trips to the library, and the online hold system has been a great help. Not to mention the ability to renew books on-line or through our library's app, which has saved us many donations fines.

I love hearing my girls discuss the books they are reading. The characters become real friends, and the plots weave their way into their own histories. My older two are now also noticing the writing. My eldest daughter stopped reading a book because she didn't like the tense it was written in and because she felt the sentences were too choppy. My middle girl surprised herself by enjoying the beginning chapters of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring even though they were more descriptive than action-packed. 

I am thankful today for the grace of reading and watching my girls love to read as well.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment