Sunday, October 20, 2013

Why I Can Trust God When Things Look Scary



Day 19 - Why I Can Trust God When Things Look Scary

I enjoy preparing for teaching our middle school Sunday School class because as I read and study the Scriptures, I learn so many things. 

This week we are studying Caleb, who, along with Joshua, kept his faith in God even in circumstances that looked scary. One of the points my commentary made was that God had already shown His faithfulness to Israel by essentially defeating the most powerful nation in the Middle East (and probably the most powerful nation on earth at the time). But even with the memory of that amazing display of God's love and power, the people doubted that God would enable them to defeat an assortment of cities and city/states. 

On this side of the Cross, it is easy for me to not trust God to do something that looks big or hard to me. But He has already done the biggest and hardest thing ever when Jesus died and rose again! I can have confidence that, like the Israelites, if God leads me somewhere, He will empower me to do it.

He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things. ~ Rom. 8:32



0 comments:

Post a Comment