Monday, October 14, 2013

You Never Give Up on Me



Day 14 - You Never Give Up on Me

I am much more of a thinker and a talker and a reader than a doer. Getting things done does not come easily for me. I'd much rather ponder, plan, and play than produce. Which absolutely explains the state of my house. I'm not opposed to having an orderly home, I just don't want to do the hard work of creating order out of the chaos that currently exists.

To make matters worse, I am far better at starting tasks than I am at finishing them. I can start the work of getting my kitchen counters all cleared off, but I so often don't get to that one counter that so easily becomes a clutter magnet. 

We began our yard overhaul this weekend, but I can easily see my enthusiasm waning quickly if I'm not careful. (I'm sure the neighbors would not like that!)

As I thought about the difficult tasks of doing the work and carrying through with what I start, I was so thankful that God never leaves His job of transforming me into the image of Christ unfinished. Even when it may look like He's given up, I can know He will never give up! 

Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~ Phil 1:6

0 comments:

Post a Comment