Thursday, October 1, 2015

You Don't Have to Be in School to Learn in September

September has flown by.  Having such a late Labor Day made the month seem about a week shorter. But it was still plenty of time to learn new things. Here are some of the things September has taught me:

1.  I still don't like my hair unless I flat iron it. We spent Labor Day weekend at the beach, so I just let my hair air dry (after using some of Hannah's mousse for curly hair). It still curled funny and was frizzy. And I didn't like the way my head felt! My love for the flat iron was proven once again.

2.  Blindspot lived up to my expectations. The first two episodes have been gripping and intriguing. It may become my new favorite!

3.  I love my new FitBit. The external motivation of seeing how many steps I take makes me walk more. (No more trying to bring in all the groceries in the house in one trips because more trips = MORE STEPS!) I even started tracking my food, which is helping me make better decisions about what I eat.  

4.  Simply Tuesday is beautiful and amazing and true. I'm only on chapter 4, because I am savoring it. It feels restful and lovely when I read it.

5. I like whole wheat hamburger buns.  I've been eating whole wheat bread since college, but the time or two I had tried whole wheat buns, I was not a fan. I don't know if my tastes changed or I found a better tasting brand of buns, but I like them now.

6. For the Love by Jen Hatmaker is fun and funny and simply a great read!

7. Some people bring cats on leashes to the pet store.



Excuse the picture quality, but I was trying to sneak a picture when I was returning my cart. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment